Sibyl of the Heart 1617
A jewel of Rosicrucian tradition with splendid images and meditative exercises.
In 1617 Lucas Jennis, the german editor of several Rosicrucian books, decided to publish a treaty entitled Societas Jesus et Rosae Crucis Vera (The true Society of Jesus and the Rosy Cross), written by the theologian Daniel Cramer.
Jennis asked the Swiss engraver Rudolph Mayr to create an emblem for each of the 40 chapters of the book. The common theme of the work is “the heart”, regarded as the seat of human emotions, but also a symbol of moods that involve all people in the course of their existence in the material world.
In Cramer’s emblems, the heart undergoes various processes and experiences through 40 stages. Thus, we can see in these images an example of meditative Rosicrucian exercise working upon the spiritual center of each man or woman.
In the booklet that accompanies the Sibyl of the Heart, Giordano Berti stated that during his historical research on Cramer’s book, something completely unexpected happened.
Berti was sorting out his ancient divination cards collection when his attention was drawn to the similarity of some Cramer’s emblems with the figures of the Petit Lenormand.
The Set is available in two different packages. The Deluxe version comes in a book-shaped box, created by the art designer Letizia Rivetti and produced by expert Italian artisans. The Standard Version comes in a two-piece telescopic box covered with the same red marbled paper.
Both the Deluxe and the Standard box contain, along with the deck, a booklet in English written by Giordano Berti with historical news on this deck.
Each Set also includes a leaflet with the divinatory meanings of the 78 cards and some methods of reading written by Giulia Orsini.
- Publisher: Araba Fenice, Italy, 2015.
- Curator: Giordano Berti.
- Limited edition: 800 numbered and signed copies.
- Deck: 40 full color cards + 1 certificate of authenticity with number and signature of Giordano Berti.
- Available in a deluxe book shaped art box designed by Letizia Rivetti or standard Keepsake two-piece telescopic box. Both boxes are covered with red marbled paper and created by local artisans in Italy.
- Multilingual edition: the keywords on the cards are in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Card format: approximately 4.7" × 3.14
- Both the Deluxe and the Art box contain, along with the deck, there is a companion booklet in English: 90 PAGES, with historic introduction, life and works of Schwaller de Lubicz, contents of the images, divinatory meanings and methods to read the cards.
Rinascimento Italian Style Art is a creator, publisher and artistic team founded by historian of esotericism in art Giordano Berti and art designer Letizia Rivetti. The project is committed to historical study and reproduction of ancient Tarots, rare playing cards and oracular decks.
Giordano is a writer and historian of esotericism in Art, known throughout the world for historical studies on the Tarot and for the design of educational games
Letizia is an art designer, founder of ArtStudioLetizia, creator of spectacular environments, art installations and art objects.