Perrin Tarot 1865
A faithful reprint of a rare and beautiful Tarot held in a private collection.
Around 1865, in Turin, the publisher Claudio Perrin printed a deck of great artistic and esoteric value, which, however, has remained forgotten until recently.
The Major Arcana show a stylistic and chromatic tradition that places this deck at the top of the Tarot production in the nineteenth century. It is interesting to note that Perrin drew its inspiration from the Tarot Soprafino, created in Milan at around 1830 by the engraver Charles Dellarocca for the manufacturer Ferdinand Gumppenberg. However, the artist who designed the Perrin Tarot maintained a very original footprint in all images, both in the costumes of the characters and environments.
One might ask why the extreme rarity of this deck? The answer may be that Claudio Perrin, despite being an excellent lithographer, was not a traditional Tarot producer and did not have a distribution network.
This reproduction is possible because of a private collector who owns a rare copy of the original Perrin Tarot. This limited edition of 600 is absolutely faithful to the original.
The Set is available in two different packages. The Deluxe version comes in a book-shaped box, created by the art designer Letizia Rivetti and produced by expert Italian artisans. The Standard Version comes in a two-piece telescopic box covered with the same tobacco-marbleized paper.
Both the Deluxe and the Standard box contain, along with the deck, a booklet in English written by Giordano Berti with historical news on this deck. Each Set also includes a leaflet with the divinatory meanings of the 78 cards and some methods of reading written by Giulia Orsini.
- Publisher: Araba Fenice and Rinascimento Italian Style Art, Italia, 2016
- Curator: Giordano Berti
- 2016 Limited edition: 600 copies, numbered and hand signed
- Deck: 78 cards + 1 certificate of Authenticity with serial number; hand signed by Giordano Berti
- Available in a deluxe book shaped art box designed by Letizia Rivetti or standard Keepsake two-piece telescopic box. Both boxes are covered with marbled tobacco paper and created by local artisans in Italy.
- Dimension of the cards: 4.5" × 2.67"
- Both the Deluxe and the Standard box contain, along with the deck, a booklet in English written by Giordano Berti with historical news on this deck.
- Each Set also includes a leaflet with the divinatory meanings of the 78 cards and some methods of reading written by Giulia Orsini.
Rinascimento Italian Style Art is a creator, publisher and artistic team founded by historian of esotericism in art Giordano Berti and art designer Letizia Rivetti. The project is committed to historical study and reproduction of ancient Tarots, rare playing cards and oracular decks.
Giordano is a writer and historian of esotericism in Art, known throughout the world for historical studies on the Tarot and for the design of educational games
Letizia is an art designer, founder of ArtStudioLetizia, creator of spectacular environments, art installations and art objects.