Marseille Tarot of Lando 1832
Discover the great tradition of fine card making with the beautiful Tarot of Marseille Lando.
In the early decades of the nineteenth century, while some Piedmontese card makers began to develop new Tarot models, other artisans, like Giuseppe Maurizio Lando, continued with a traditional style of Tarots consolidated from the Tarot “Marseillaise“ tradition. The Lando Tarot is characterized by softer lines, compared to some French models. For example, the faces of the characters are very delicate.
The collaborators at Rinascimento Italian Style Art decided to reprint the Lando Tarot in a way absolutely faithful to the original: colors, dimensions, back of the cards, etc. The deck is printed on special paper in a limited edition of 700 copies. Each copy is numbered and signed by Giordano Berti on a certificate of authenticity
The deck comes with an unpublished booklet signed by Giordano Berti and Philippe Noyes. It summarizes the history of Tarot in Savoy and Piedmont and narrates the adventurous life of Lando and investigates his family and, in particular, his wife, Maria Antonia Rambaud, heir of the company after the death of her husband.
The Set is available in two different packages. The Deluxe version comes in a book-shaped box, created by the art designer Letizia Rivetti and produced by expert Italian artisans. The Standard Version comes in a two-piece telescopic box covered with the same marbleized paper.
The Set also includes a leaflet with the divinatory meanings of the 78 cards and some methods of reading written by Giulia Orsini.
- Publisher : OM Edizioni and Rinascimento Italian Style Art, Italy, 2018.
- Curator : Giordano Berti
- Limited edition : 700 numbered and signed copies.
- Deck : 78 cards + 1 guarantee with number and signature of the editor
- Card format : 4.33" × 2.48"
- Available in a Deluxe Book Shaped Box or a Two-Part Telescopic Box crafted with marbled paper and lined with red velvet.
- Booklet : Giordano Berti and Philippe Noyes in English. 24 pages with historical information on this deck; semi-rigid cove
- Leaflet : Giulia Orsini in English. 8 pages with traditional divinatory meanings of the 78 cards and methods of reading.
Rinascimento Italian Style Art is a creator, publisher and artistic team founded by historian of esotericism in art Giordano Berti and art designer Letizia Rivetti. The project is committed to historical study and reproduction of ancient Tarots, rare playing cards and oracular decks.
Giordano is a writer and historian of esotericism in Art, known throughout the world for historical studies on the Tarot and for the design of educational games
Letizia is an art designer, founder of ArtStudioLetizia, creator of spectacular environments, art installations and art objects.