Hodges Astronomical New Royal Playing Cards
Take a step back in time with this beautiful hand restored deck. The Hodges Astrological Pack of Playing Cards was originally published by the mysterious bookseller and stationer Charles Hodges of Portman Square, London in the year 1828. The deck 52 unique cards + 2 Globe Jokers + 1 duty "One Shilling" (Old Frizzle) Ace of Spades. The court cards represent mythological gods and the remaining cards bear pictorial representations of the constellations with superimposed suit symbols.
In collaboration with the producer Will Rora, this deck was painstakingly digitally hand-restored by AZURED OX. Great care was taken with regard to each detail, breathing fresh new life into this historical deck.
A unique playing card deck that is sure to spark your imagination.
- Printed by United States Playing Card Company (USPCC)
- Poker-size professional classic stock + embossed (linen) finish
- Premium gold metallic ink on tuck boxes & card backs
- 52 unique cards + 2 Globe Jokers + 1 duty "One Shilling" (Old Frizzle) Ace of Spades
- Custom "Great" tuck seal (MMXXII)
- Animated card backs when riffled
- Limited print run of 2,500
- Revived, digitally hand-restored, and designed by AZURED OX
- Produced by Will Roya
- 2022 release