Vergnano Tarot 1830
This beautiful Tarot, created around 1830, marks the beginning of the “Golden Age” of the Piedmontese Tarots.
The Vergnano Tarot, although very similar to the Tarot so-called “of Marseille”, has many details in style and content that make it unique. Typical of this deck, as a Tarot of Piedmont, is the Fool, dressed in baggy pants, chasing a butterfly. The Magician has on the table the tools of the shoemaker. The Devil has an animal face that rises from the abdomen. The Ace of Cups is a vase full of flowers and fruits. The Knight of Coins has a turban on his head. The Knight of Swords resembles a warrior Hussar. The King of Swords and the Knight of Wands have a wonderful and absolutely unusual clothing.
This is faithful limited edition reproduction is limited to 500 copies. The project was realized under the direction of Italian historian Giordano Berti. Each box contains 78 cards, a historical booklet with 18 pages and 8-page leaflet with cards meanings and suggestions to read the cards.
The package is further enhanced by the beautiful packaging options designed by artist Letizia Rivetti and hand-crafted by local artisans in Italy. The set is available in either a Book Shaped Box or a two piece Telescopic box. Both are covered with marbled paper and lined with red velvet.
- Publisher: Araba Fenice, Italia, 2014
- Curator: Giordano Berti
- Limited edition: 500 copies, numbered and hand signed
- Deck: 78 cards + 1 certificate of authenticity with number and hand signed by Giordano Berti
- Dimension of the cards: 4.52 × 2.67 mm
- Available in a Deluxe Book Shaped Box or a Two-Part Telescopic Box crafted with marbled paper and lined with red velvet.
- Booklet: written by Giordano Berti. 24 pages in black-and-white with historical information.
- Leaflet: Giulia Orsini. 8 pages in English with traditional divinatory meanings of the 78 cards and methods of reading
Rinascimento Italian Style Art is a creator, publisher and artistic team founded by historian of esotericism in art Giordano Berti and art designer Letizia Rivetti. The project is committed to historical study and reproduction of ancient Tarots, rare playing cards and oracular decks.
Giordano is a writer and historian of esotericism in Art, known throughout the world for historical studies on the Tarot and for the design of educational games
Letizia is an art designer, founder of ArtStudioLetizia, creator of spectacular environments, art installations and art objects.