The Weiser Tarot and Guidebook: A New Edition of the Classic 1909 Waite-Smith Deck
The Weiser Tarot is a new edition of the Original Waite-Smith deck originally created in 1909. Long considered one the the most important Tarot decks ever created, the Waite-Smith deck remains popular for a reason; the cards are full of rich and accessible symbolism that encourages the reader to tap into deep universal truths and patterns. The Weiser version is special because it preserves what works best - the beautiful line art from Pamela Colman Smith - and adds in a fresh and bold water color theme that makes the deck a pleasure to work with. Each suite follows a different color theme which makes the patterns between cards evident in new ways. In addition, Weiser has added Hebrew and astrological correspondences to the Major Arcana for those seekers who have interest in Qabalah and astrology.
The accompanying book includes:
- A brief history of the Tarot
- A look at how the Rider-Waite-Smith deck came to be
- The story behind the creation of The Weiser Tarot
- Keywords for interpreting the cards
- Tarot spreads, including a new “Ankh” spread created especially for The Weiser Tarot
- An annotated list of recommended reading for further study
- 78 cards measure approximately 2.75" X 4.75"
- Cards have a egg-shell finish. (low gloss)
- 55 page booklet inside box
- Rigid Two-part box