The Vaxa Playing Card Deck
The Vaxa Deck is a lovingly crafted, hand-painted, single-print-run playing card deck. Each of the 52 cards in addition to two jokers are all uniquely illustrated.
The flora in the Vaxa Deck are organized into themed suits that correspond to climate regions.
Clubs (Wands): Forests/Mediterranean Flora
Hearts (Cups): Rainforests/Aquatic Flora
Spades (Swords): Alpine/Tundra Flora
Diamonds (Pentacles): Grassland/ Savannah/ High Desert Flora
About the Deck:
- The Vaxa Deck comes in a soft-touch, spot gloss rigid box with a magnetic closure.
- 350 gsm paper stock, matte coating. This means that the cards are smooth to shuffle and have a semi-water resistant coating, so whether you are taking them out camping or for a playful game of poker with frosty glasses, your cards will be safe.
- Cards are standard poker size: 2.5” x 3.5”
- Yellow gilded edges
- 54 unique, hand-painted, fine art cards
- The deck has two field guide cards, so you can identify all of the flora featured.
This is the one and only print run
Leah Pantéa (Lee-uhh Pan-tay), is a fine artist and illustrator living in Niwot, Colorado, USA.
She grew up in the sun-speckled mountains, which was likely the reason her number one influence and point of joy is sunlight. Her work all revolves around access to the mysterious (major high priestess energy!)