Nature Spirit Tarot A 78-Card Deck and Book for the Journey of the Soul
Weaving the wisdom of the Tarot with the vastness and mystery of the natural world, this 78-card, full-color deck by artist Jean Marie Herzel offers the complete Major and Minor Arcana interpreted through the lens of Nature and the infinite diversity of forms that consciousness displays on our home, the Earth.
Drawn to the timeless and enduring messages of the Tarot and its ability to help us explore the depths of the psyche, Herzel carefully researched the inner esoteric meaning of each card and then artfully interpreted that meaning in hand-painted watercolors featuring the colorful language of flowers and symbolic images of plants, birds, insects, reptiles, and gemstones. The symbolism of each card is derived from various traditions of the world, including Native American, Celtic, and Eastern and Western Philosophy.
In the accompanying guidebook, each card is given a two-page description that opens with the traditional Tarot meaning of the card, followed by a detailed explanation of the symbolic meaning of the specific plants and animals the card features. For example, on the cover, the Magician card shows a Merlin Falcon, Amanita Muscaria mushroom, Western Sword Fern, and the Eastern Pondhawk Dragonfly--each of these life forms was chosen because it represents one or more aspects of the Magician’s meaning in the Tarot. The book explains the connections between each form shown and the card’s Tarot archetype, further illuminating the meaning of the card and how it relates to the natural world, personal development, and the journey of the soul.
- 2nd edition published Feb 2021
- Standard Tarot Size Cards
- A vibrant 78-card Tarot deck and guidebook featuring flora, fauna, and esoteric symbols
- Includes the complete Major and Minor Arcana of the Tarot interpreted through symbolic images of plants, birds, insects, reptiles, and gemstones
- The guidebook explains the traditional Tarot meaning for each card and the symbolic meaning of the specific plants and animals the card features
- Based on extensive research into the esoteric meaning of the Tarot and the symbolism of various traditions of the world, including Native American, Celtic, and Eastern and Western philosophy
Jean Marie Herzel
Jean Marie Herzel is a self-taught artist, specializing in watercolors and hand-painted drums. After a life-threatening illness in her late 20s, she left her career as a librarian to pursue her life-long dream of being an artist, focusing on the flora and fauna of Nature. Through her artwork, she found a pathway to a deeper understanding of life and Nature. The founder of Nature Spirit Art, she lives in the Pacific Northwest.