Visconti Sforza Tarocchi by Il Meneghello Editions
Immerse yourself in Milan of the 1400s with this beautiful il Mengehello handmade reproduction of the Visconti Sforza Deck. It took a few more centuries for decks to be specifically associated with cartomancy but readers will find many recognizable archetypical images in the procession of ‘triumphs’ and It’s easy to see why many believe this the oldest known Tarot deck. The art for the four missing cards (Devil, Tower, Knight of Coins, and Three of Swords) was skilfully recreated by Giovanni Scarsato.
The original deck is currently divided into two public collections and one private. 35 cards are housed by the Academy of Carrara in Bergamo, 26 cards are kept by the Pierpoint Morgan Library in New York and 12 cards are with the Colleoni family in Bergamo. The four missing cards have been recreated with respect to the artistic style of the original creator.
- Il Meneghello: Publisher.
- Also known as Visconti-Sforza Pierpont Morgan Tarot
- include some portraits of the Sforza and Visconti families in 15th century clothes and scenes, giving us a glimpse of noble life in Milan.
- 78 Cards
- Includes Cristina Dorsini’s book I Tarocchi Visconti Sforza in English
- Card Size: 3.5" W x 7" L
- Card Backs: Reversible Pattern
- Cardstock: Quality Grade, Matte Cardstock
- Each deck is new and sealed
- comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity card and the creator's wax seal on the box