Tarocco Neoclassico Milano 1810
The Tarocco Neoclassico was originally realized by the printer Ferdinando Gummpenberg in Milan in 1810. This deck is also know as the Tarocco Milanese del Periodo Napoleonico. The original was printed from engraved plates, then hand-colored. This Meneghello first edition was published in 2003 in a limited edition of 2000 copies. The beautiful cards reflect the fashion of the empire style. True to the original deck, the Ace of Spades (swords) has a "25 centesimi" tax stamp. The box cover is adorned with the male strength card and affixed with the famous Il Meneghello wax seal. The minor Arcana are divided into suits of swords, cups, batons and coins. All card titles are in Italian. Each deck is unique and comes un-opened. The specific deck number from the edition is unknown and will be revealed on the title card when opening the deck.
- Name: Tarocco Neoclassico Milano 1810
- Alternate Names: Tarocco Milanese del Periodo Napoleonico
- Publisher: il Meneghello 2003 edition of 2,000
- Deck Type: Tarot Deck
- Cards: 78 in a matt finish
- Card Dimensions: 2 1/8" x 4 3/16"
- Deck Tradition: Marseilles
- Minor Arcana Style: Marseilles-Style Pips with embellishments
- Suits: swords, cups, batons and coins.
- Card Back: Reversible